Ms Siwapiwe Lamfiti
Siwapiwe has a background in Financial Management which she studied at False Bay College in 2014 and did an internship through UCT, while being based at Red Cross Hospital. After the internship she was offered a contract as Admin Assistant at Red Cross from June 2019 to Feb 2023. Thereafter, she was appointed as the Administrative Assistant for MARiS from March 2023 - present.
Responsibilities of her role as Admin Assistant:
- Process reimbursements, advances, clearing of advances, S&Ts, mileage claims, preparing journal entries, receipt & invoice requisitions for fund holder, fund openings and fund closings.
- Purchase items online and request purchase orders as required.
- Implement and maintain a relevant finance document management system and produce monthly SAP reports for fund holders of research funds.
- Complete HR appointment forms and related paperwork for appointments. Advise researchers on HR policies and procedures.
- Capturing of Postgrad and Postdoc bursary forms & journals on Peoplesoft
- Assist the fundholders with Postdoc appointments and assist Postdocs with the registration process.
- Acting as first point of contact for MARIS and responding to general enquiries from the public.
- Maintain financial liaison between faculties / departments / sections.
- Maintaining inventory of MARIS assets and store.
- Arranging meetings and taking minutes of meetings when requested.
- Other general admin tasks